Tuesday, June 25, 2013


continue.....

16: "Shit!"

I place the torn material in the transmitter to send it back to the lab. Suddenly, Shield turns me around and examined my body.  I pushed him off me and select the send button. 

Shield: " Are you ok...?" Shield begins to check me over.

Me: "Yeah, I am fine"

16 enters the plane and lets out a sigh.  He takes a seat, on the left side of the Synergy. As I looked, I noticed the incisions slowly closing: the tissues began to regenerate, the skin, starting from the outer sides met in the center, closing the wound.  The only remnants of the fight are his blood stained shirt,  cuts scattered through his upper body.

Lovelace: "Excuse Me..." Lovelace interrupts the silence..."I have McCune ready to teleport." McCune is the chief  doctor of MeO. Like 16 we do not his age. He reminds me of a modern day Morgan Freeman with the voice of Jack Nicholson. He was human, which is evident by his scars on his legs and arms. I wonder how he got these scars? 

Most mutant self-heal, those that don't usually select another line of work. It would be hard to be a field agent; we get injured, we bleed, our bones break....Seeking help outside the agency would be problematic. Most human doctors don't understand our physiology. How do you explain the mutated DNA or the abnormal blood count to the doctors and lab technicians. You can't.

Oracle: "The Excelsior is ready to receive McCune."

Inside Excelsior the lights flickered. The sound of violins being tuned and smoke fills the air. With a slight trimmer, Dr. McCune appeared.

McCune: "We don't have much time Stalin was poisoned. The poison appears to be a cocktail of cyanide and potassium. We are going to have to go back and inject Stalin with the antidote, which requires several doses of chemicals."

Shield: "Do we really want to save Stalin?  He is the definition of evil; he bullied his son...remember when he son tried to commit suicide he said "he can't even shoot right...when his first wife died...he had her whole entire family murdered...and then the Great Purge..."

Oracle: "Stalin is in critical conditions...estimated life expectancy is less than 15 minutes. The nurse has stepped out of the room....estimated time of arrival three minutes..."

McCune: "Lovelace please set Synergy's coordinates for Stalin's room."  McCune looked around the room, and then points to me.  "Ra'let...you are going to have to administer the serum.  You are the only one here from the House of Mestaclocan.  16, you go with her; she needs to be in and out before the nurse returns." McCune hands me the antidote kit.

Me: "Oracle can you show me a picture of the nurse and play her voice?"  The picture of the nurse is immediately projected... the nurse is: 5'3 tall, slim build, brown-olive skin color, with brown hair with blond highlights and blue eyes.  

As my shifting occurred, migrating from my head to my feet, I being to shake and my eyes roll back into my head...until the morphing is complete. Once completed, 16 held on to me and once again we found ourselves in the room of one of the most powerful men on earth: Stalin.

2FingersCrossed

I do not own the image in this post, please see Futurity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment